The Peach

Proudly providing the reality-based community with the juice on politics, media, religion and culture

Friday, September 10, 2004

Cheney's EBay Economics

Dick Cheney made the following astonishing claim today about our nation's economy: The accepted economic indicators, such as unemployment figures and consumer spending, can't be trusted because they don't include the money people make by selling stuff on eBay. "That's a source that didn't even exist 10 years ago," His Creepiness told an Ohio audience. "Four hundred thousand people make some money trading on eBay."

Well, er, that's true, but eBay's revenues are in fact included in the Commerce Department's estimates of GDP. And according to a poster on DailyKos, the average income people earn from eBay is around $300 a year, which only counts as employment if you live in Nepal.

5 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger luckpoo said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some make money on the net research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out make money on the net

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching around for fresh information
for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
Today's News About eBay

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger cc Infopage said...

Hello,

I am searching around for fresh information
for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

Kind regards,
Jos
Today's News About eBay

Get the eBay Business Box Today

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a Eay related web site. Please visit and hope that it's useful.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger TWPAdmin said...

"I just came across your blog about ebay deand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** ebay de so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home