The Peach

Proudly providing the reality-based community with the juice on politics, media, religion and culture

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Fairy-tale Ending

Remember Lynne Gobbell, the Moulton, Ala. woman who was fired for having a Kerry-Edwards bumpersticker on her car? As he gave her the axe, her boss commented that she could either work for him or John Kerry. Well, we're pleased to report that thanks to the energetic efforts of the progressive Internet community, but especially DailyKos, which launched the original Decatur (Ala.) Daily story into the blogosphere, Ms. Moulton now has a new job -- working for John Kerry!

According to Slate, the negative publicity so unnerved Ms. Moulton's former boss, Phil Geddes, that he caved and offered her her old job back. While she was considering the offer, Mr. Kerry called.

Ms. Gobbell told Slate, "He'd read the part where Phil said I could either work for him or work for John Kerry. He said, 'you let him know you're working for me as of today.'"

Ms. Gobbell accepted, and it's up to the Kerry campaign now to work out the details. We do hope her gig extends into a job with the future Kerry administration as well. And we can imagine that Ms. Gobbell's next call with Mr. Geddes was infinitely satisfying.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Cool. I hate those people who take politics too far. I've pushed my boss' buttons but he won't fire me because of my personal opinions. Thats just not what I was hired for so I shouldn't be fired for it either.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger MsCTurner said...

Prof. Baron this is Chandra Turner from your MWF 12:50-1:45 Eng. 1020 Class. i forgot your email AGAIN, so thi s is my blogger name MsCTurner.blogspot.com :)

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger opinionion said...

Infinitely satisfying indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home