The Peach

Proudly providing the reality-based community with the juice on politics, media, religion and culture

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Newsflash: Bush's Compassion Extends to White Hurricane Victims


According to the New York Times, Bush did not"interact much with storm victims," and nor, in particular, did he "go into the heart of the city's devastation, where thousands of largely poor, black refugees have raged at the government's response to one of the worst natural disasters in American history." The paper further notes that Bush "steered clear of the streets of New Orleans, whose stricken population could not be counted on to hail him with open arms."

Bush was able to muster some compassionate conservatism for poor Trent Lott, who seems to have lost one of his homes in the flooding in Missisippi. -- and apparently for the pre-screened white folks seen in the photo, left, as well.

5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger alena said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger kalisekj said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Hello fellow fisherman,

Did you know that 16% of the U.S. population goes fishing at least 16 days a year?

Did you also know that over 75% of the nations fishermen do not fish during "prime time"; fish feeding hours?

Those precious few moments before twilight can be absolutely magical. Even up until 11pm at night, the largest predators of any species feed ravenously.

Don't believe me? Check out Daniel Eggertsen's story, and a picture of a couple of his catches here : "Evening Secrets plus more"

I want you to do me a favor and try it out so I can see what you think of it, and if it works for you as well as it did for me.

You will be one of the first to try it out.

Gone Fishin',

Neil

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger brokenmonkey said...

I've seen lots of sites about ecommerce web site but your site is one of the best. Check out my website about website design bathurst

 

Post a Comment

<< Home