The Peach

Proudly providing the reality-based community with the juice on politics, media, religion and culture

Friday, October 05, 2007

Dana Does D.C.

White House Press Secretary Dana Perino speaks during the daily press briefing in the Brady Briefing Room at the White House in Washington, DC, 02 October 2007 From Getty Images by AFP/Getty Images.
Now that the Bush administration has been caught with their collective pants down attempting to cover up their approval of torture interrogation (see previous article "We Do Torture"), their press darling, Dana Peri"dun"no, has gone into full-flung, ditsy blond mode in her responses to questions regarding the secretive memos. The Peach would like to give a sampling of Duh-Duh-Dana's answers during the most recent press briefing:
I do not have anything to start with . . . I would have to refer you to Department of Justice . . . I'm not going to comment on that . . . I don't know. I don't -- I wasn't on -- I don't recall . . . I don't believe that I -- I'm not in a position to be able to do that . . . I don't know. I don't know . . . I'm not going to comment on those . . . I don't know . . . I would have to check . . . I wasn't thinking of that in particular . . . Well, I think . . . I don't know . . . No, I don't think so . . . I would guess . . . I've not heard that . . . I don't know . . . I don't think it's a new request . . . As I understand it . . . I don't think it's necessary . . . I don't think we're seeking their help . . . I'm not going to go there . . . I haven't asked him about it . . . I have to say that I have not heard about that. Can I check on it?
Will someone please get this girl a bag of Smarty-Poofs? Please?

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm in complete agreement that Bush's team is stumbling badly and transparently on covering torture...but I feel there is a tone of sexism in the tone. If she had been male, I suspect that the "ditzy" stereotype wouldn't have been invoked and I also doubt he would have been called "boy". Let's not sink to our own lows as we are challenging others on theirs.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I think you will find all those samplings in archived Hillary responses starting way back with the Rose Lawfirm inquires

 

Post a Comment

<< Home